Wednesday, February 25

thank you

i wanted to thank george and aurora for opening up their future home to the lot of us and putting up with us and feeding us every night for the better part of the last 25 days (i know other people have cooked too and bought stuff so thank you too). i wanted to thank you two publicly because I wanted to reiterate to the group that without this initial gesture and continued tolerance of our wild and gregarious crew we would not have had such an interesting month.

I think last weekend when I was making a list of all the things we had shot, it was really a list of our accomplishments to be proud of, and it came together for me in tonight's scene. even if no one else was into it, when everyone began moving the mattress boat toward the fresh baked cookie room was possibly the most inner child pleasing moment of the whole month for me, and even if you thought it was overkill or a waste, it made me very happy so thank you.

evan said earlier that without the apartment to come to every night he would be in a bad place, considering all the shit that has gone down with his job recently. jacob said he spent three months in social isolation only to be suddenly surrounded and supported by his friends. given the various shits going down in my own life, I am infinitely better off for having had the mirror of my friends to help me reflect on the state of my life. So for at least the three of us I would say that we have had a good month and even if many of you feel down about the state of whatever it is we are working on, at least we have had a good time at whatever it is we have been doing and I am only optimistic about this entire process (which may seem a surprising reversal). cheers. and lets get 10 minutes of room tone tomorrow.

4 comments:

F. Mari said...

i TOTALLY agree. I've had an amazing February 2009. THANK YOU

Jacob said...

Indeed. Well said, Travis. Thank you thank you thank you.

Evan said...

I'm just chiming in to back this up. And also to say that I don't think there's any reason to feel down. Travis said he's been the least down he's ever been on what we're doing, and I wholeheartedly agree. VIVA.

Unknown said...

i haven't been there all the time, but the times i have, i mean, it's been so nice for me to see you all in one place and experience this thing with you. i'm proud of you all and think this is great. AND it's far from over. i feel it.