Thursday, February 26

A dream of orca whales

Last night I dreamt that I was swimming in the Pacific Ocean, off of some rocky beach. I knew that the Orcas were there, killer whales known for their acrobatics. I swam out a little farther to where they would begin their display, and whoosh! A massive beast the size of a 16 passenger van, all black and white, soared out of the water and went forty feet into the air, and then dove gracefully back in. It continued to do the same incredible soaring dive, but at shorter heights, off into the distance, the way a ball bounces lower and lower.

The experience of being with this dangerous mammal doing its crazy ariel acrobatics was incredibly exhilarating.

The dives were not your standard breaching, where the whale lands on its side or back. The beast was doing a full turn and landing nose first. I could also sense how it was building up speed before bursting through the surface of the water and into the air.

I swam back to shore and someone from FGP - George/Evan/Travis? had been videotaping the whole thing. When we watched the playback, I saw that at the moment the animal swam out a little farther and I had followed it, I had transformed into a baby killer whale. This was probably why the thing had not eaten me.

A dream like this can only portend good things. Reminds me of this song.

9 comments:

Evan said...

I feel the misspelling of arial as "ariel acrobatics" make this most relevant.

Evan said...

I feel my misspelling of "aerial" when referring to "Ariel" as "arial" makes me least relevant.

Jacob said...

Dang -- I also realized I used a repetitive sentence structure. Got to edit these blarg posts.

George said...

I edited out three other typos and would have changed ariel [sic] as well if Evan hadn't commented so fast.

You can still edit for style.

George said...

Also reminds me of Drawing Restraint 9, in which, I think, Bjork and Matthew Barney turn into whales (Orcas?) and eat each other. Good sign?

Jacob said...

Whew. Just a little style editing can make a man feel better.

Jacob said...

Also that drawing restraint thing seems awesome. Strike my h8er comments about Barney from the record. Or maybe its just that I like Björk.

Unknown said...

i feel like i play a weird role in this conversation. but it makes me uncomfortable in a great way.

Unknown said...

Also, I can't believe you were going to edit me out! Thank god for Evan's speediness.