Tuesday, February 24

+

today I showed up around 6:30 and we begin shooting more blurred reality interviews.

i am still very pleased with how they are going, having people talk about new age world on camera creates their character. plot is made by default. quick and easy, though awkward for the subject of the interview I'm sure. we shot George and Jacob today, both did a fine job. during jacob's interview I took a turn as questioner and it ended up transitioning into a tense scene where jacob tried to tell me that he'd been in the Guru's/Archivist's room and I refused to believe him and eventually turned my back on him effectively telling him to leave the apartment never to return.

i would encourage all of you to think ahead about how you want to come across on camera, and to think about scenes that you have been a part of over the course of the last 24 days so that you have a starting point to talk about if you do one of these. it certainly helps to have conversations grounded in "reality" when speaking from your character.

also, it was said tonight (and has been said in the past) that not everyone can run camera at once. the camera isn't sacred and neither is the image. let us run the camera like a ouija board or play king of the camera-hill tomorrow night. i think this is the only way to film our sham fight.

finally, i spearheaded a somewhat unnecessary discussion (sorry) about how we are going to edit next month. think about what you would like to see come from the editing process. while everyone should have absolute access to all of the footage (buy an external hard drive if you want to edit from home), I would hope that we could carry the communal ritual of the last 24 days into the future editing process no matter how difficult or daunting a task that may seem.

2 comments:

cj said...

I see a dearth of comments so I feel compelled to leave one. I like the experiment and I wish I could participate more.

Travis said...

well then come by tonight! there are only a few days of shooting left! i'll call you.